ENGINEERING (megr, cegr, cpgr, eegr, segr) and
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (ciet, meet, elet) majors
and who meet the criteria for Eligible Candidates (defined below)
October 2013 FE Exam Sign Up Information
(Fall 2013, will be the LAST time to take this 8-hour exam in paper and pencil format).
Location for all sign ups: Smith 228
Acceptable Payment: Check or Money Order for $140.00
(payable to: NC Board of Examiners)
Wed. Aug. 28th: 8am-5pm
drop off your typed and completed FE Exam Student Application-Engineering Intern AND your check/money order. You can also check out/borrow study materials if needed. **Please note, there will be no notary nor photo services available on this day 8/28.
Thurs. Aug. 29th: 1pm- 4pm and Friday, Aug. 30th 10am-3pm bring your payment and your typed FE Exam Student Application-Engineering Intern and if need be we will notarize it and take your photo. You can also check out/borrow study materials if needed.
We will mail to the NC Board all completed applications (and payments) that Friday afternoon for all eligible candidates.
Eligible candidates are defined as first time test takers, who are currently enrolled in the COENGR for fall 2013 and are within 2 semesters of graduating (Dec. 13′ or May 14′).
Starting January 2, 2014 the topics on the FE Exam will change and it will be only offered as a computer-based exam, to be taken by appointment at any
Pearson Vue testing center (2 are located in Charlotte).
The NEW 2014 FE Exam: highlights are listed below, please use the link on the right hand side of page to view more information.
- Registration for all exams will open Monday, November 4, 2013. The first available seating at a Pearson VUE testing center for the FE and FS exams will be Thursday, January 2, 2014. (NO EXAMS OFFERED at UNC CHARLOTTE)
- Alumni, Community Members and Students will all have to use a Pearson Vue testing center for this exam.
- There will be four testing windows for the FE and FS exams annually. Each of these windows will last two months, with a month between them. Therefore, exam appointments will be available in January and February, with no exams offered in March; exam appointments available in April and May, with no exams offered in June, etc.
- Candidates for a CBT exam may take the exam only one time per testing window and no more than three times in a 12-month period.
- Effective with the opening of registration on November 4, 2013, candidates registering to take the FE or FS exam will be required to pay NCEES www.ncees.org directly for all exam-related fees. This will be included as a part of the online registration process and will require payment with MasterCard or Visa.
- The FE and FS exams will be six hours in length, which will include a tutorial, breaks, the exam, and a brief survey at the conclusion of the exam.
- The FE and FS exams will continue to be closed book. Supplied reference material for the exams will be electronic and will be available on the NCEES website. www.ncees.org
- Examinees will be allowed to bring and use NCEES-approved calculators on CBT exams.
- Sample exams for the computer-based FE and FS will be available for purchase after the October 2013 exam administration.